Data protection policy of the Bosch Group
The Bosch Group (Bosch) is pleased to have you visit our Internet sites and welcomes your interest in our company and our products.
Bosch respects your privacy
The protection of your privacy in the processing of your personal data is an important concern to which we pay special attention during our business processes. We process personal data collected during your visit to our websites confidentially and solely in compliance with legal provisions.
Data protection and information security are part of our corporate policy
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us in the event you have a complaint.
This policy applies to all those who visit our UK website.
Our 'Group' refers to the constituent companies of Robert Bosch GmbH.
1. WHO WE ARE
2. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any subsequent UK legislation ("Data Protection Law"), the data controller is Robert Bosch UK Holdings Limited, ("Bosch"/"we").
BOSCH RESPECTS YOUR PRIVACY
The protection of your privacy in the processing of your personal data is an important concern which we pay special attention to during our business operations. When you visit this website your personal information ("personal data") will be handled ("processed") by us in a confidential manner in accordance with Data Protection Law and all other applicable data protection and privacy legislation.
3. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND USE
Information collected by us
We may collect your personal data when you provide it to us through our website, or if you write to us or telephone our offices using the details provided on our website. Personal data is only stored when voluntarily given by you to us for a determined purpose e.g. in context of a registration or application for one of our vacancies, a survey, a contest or where you have a query.
The personal data which we collect about you will include your name, postal address, your email address, contact telephone number and details of any comments or feedback which you provide to us.
If you enquire about or make an application through the 'Careers' tab of our website, you will be directed to our careers website where we may collect your CV and any other additional information which you submit to us. Please refer to our for further details in relation to this processing.
We may also collect and process records of any correspondence and communications that you have with us
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication you provide in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, and to improve the quality of our customer service.
What other information do we collect?
As you move around our site, subject to appropriate consents being obtained, we will collect information about your visit, such as which pages you visit, how often you visit and what links you click on.
In particular, the following information is collected when visiting our website: IP addresses, the website from which you visit us (referrer), pages viewed, files downloaded (downloads), videos viewed/audio tracks listened to, individual links clicked, search words or search phrases (site search), duration of visit, browser used, etc. If the visit is a result of online advertising such as banners, video ads, search engine advertising, etc., we also record which banner, adword, etc. motivated the visit to Bosch websites.
The insights gained enable us to further optimise our websites and tailor them even better to our visitors' needs.
We may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that personal data that it may be shared internally and combined with personal data collected on this site for the purposes set out in this policy, including helping us to build a profile of you to get to know you better, and so that we can personalise and enhance your customer experience with us.
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information that you request from us, respond to and process any application, registration, survey entry or competition as appropriate;
- to provide you with marketing information about our services or products where this is requested from you;
- to build a profile of you, your preferences and your habits in order to personalise and enhance your customer experience; to provide customer support; and/or
- to ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We may use the personal data we collect about you on an anonymised basis to create statistics and anonymised information which we then share with third parties including ad networks, search engines and analytics providers.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to carry out appropriate and necessary investigations and discharge our legal and regulatory obligations and duties, and (where applicable) to safeguard our staff and other customers / users in respect of unlawful, disruptive or objectionable behaviour on our website;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to enhance our website experience to ensure you receive a personalised and continuously improving customer service;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, where these are available and when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to deliver (whether directly or indirectly via third parties) effective and personalised marketing material and content of Robert Bosch UK Holdings Limited and where you have consented, other companies within our Group and to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the sites;
- to measure, understand or monitor the effectiveness of advertising, promotions, marketing material and content and any joint initiatives with our affiliates, suppliers, partners, subcontractors and other selected third parties;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you where permitted; and/or
Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
5. USING YOUR INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH DATA PROTECTION LAWS
- Compliance with legal obligations: As an entity established under the laws of England and Wales, Robert Bosch UK Limited is obliged to comply with UK laws and guidance provided by UK regulatory bodies. You will not be able to object to processing or ask for the deletion of your personal information insofar as it falls under this category.
- Consent: We may send you marketing messages about our products and services by email, text message or telephone where you have asked us to do so. We may also send you information by post on the products and services which we provide which we believe may be of interest to you about our products and services where appropriate and relevant to your contact with us. We provide easy ways to stop our marketing, and you can opt out at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have confirmed that you would like to hear directly from specific members of our Group about their products and services then we will share your details with them so they can contact you for this purpose.
In each of the situations above, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and can object to processing of this nature. Where you consent to us sending you marketing information, we will treat this as lasting for 12 months unless we tell you otherwise at the time.
6. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR
When your data is no longer required for the purposes listed above, we will delete it within the periods set out below:
Marketing consents will be refreshed/deleted after 12 months (60 months for Commercial & Industrial projects) or can be withdrawn at any time (see Clause 4);
Marketing emails and other communications where possible will typically be deleted after 24 months.
Any other information will typically be deleted within 6 years from the date of our last positive interaction with you. This data is archived where customers are inactive for a period of 12 months. In some circumstances, some of your data will be deleted in much shorter timescales, where possible (e.g. copies of marketing emails and other communications). We keep your personal information for 6 years, to enable us to retain the information we may require for legal and regulatory purposes.
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our Group (being our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
We will only share your personal information with other members of our Group for marketing purposes where you have expressly opted-in/consented to the disclosure of your personal data for these purposes.
We will only disclose your information to:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; e.g. service providers who operate elements of our site service and process personal data on our behalf. These may include businesses who provide technology services such as hosting for our servers and email distribution. Where such disclosures are made, this will be under contractual arrangements with us and carried out in accordance with the requirements of data protection law.
- members of our Group and third party suppliers and service providers for the purposes listed under How do we use your personal information? above;
- specified third parties so that they can contact you with details of the services that they provide, where you have expressly opted-in/consented to the disclosure of your personal data for these purposes;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and other selected third parties; and
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- in the event of any insolvency situation (e.g. the administration or liquidation) of Robert Bosch UK Holdings or any of its Group;
- if Robert Bosch UK Holdings Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our staff, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of staff safety and crime prevention, and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirements or in order to enforce or apply our and other agreements, or otherwise for the prevention or detection of fraud or crime.
8. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To respond to any comments and or queries which you submit to us through this website we may need to share your personal information outside the EEA e.g:
- with our offices outside the EEA;
- with our service providers located outside the EEA;
- if you are based outside the EEA;
Where we need to make a transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA, these transfers are subject to special rules under European and UK data protection law.
Except where the transfer of your personal data is to a country which has been assessed by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data, we ensure that additional appropriate mechanisms are in place to protect your personal data. Our standard practice is to use the data protection contract clauses that have been approved by the European Commission. To obtain a copy of those clauses or contact our Data Protection Officer whose details are provided at section 13.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
9. PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Our site uses up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. We may vary this in the future if we feel you will benefit from greater security whilst using our site.
We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you via our site
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Bosch websites may contain links to third-party websites operated by providers that are not associated with us. After you click the link, we no longer have any influence over the collection, storage, or processing of any personal data transmitted by clicking the link (such as IP address or URL of the page that contains the link), as the behaviour of third parties is, by nature, beyond our control.
Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a number of rights under data protection law in relation to the way we process your personal data, although these are not absolute and in some instances we may be unable to accept your request, in which case we will respond to you to explain why. These are set out below. Where you exercise any of these rights we will respond to any request received from you within one month from the date of the request.
A right to access personal data held by us about you.
A right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data held by us about you.
A right to require us to erase personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for; or where you withdraw your consent if we are using your personal data based on your consent; or where you object to the way we process your data (in line with Right 6 below).
In certain circumstances, a right to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you. This right will only apply where (for example): you dispute the accuracy of the personal data held by us; or where you would have the right to require us to erase the personal data but would prefer that our processing is restricted instead; or where we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose we collected it for, but we require the data for the purposes of dealing with legal claims.
In certain circumstances, a right to receive personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. This right will only apply where the processing is based on consent or a contract (see above) and the processing is carried out by automated means. You also have the right to require us to transfer this personal data to another organisation, at your request.
A right to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you where the processing of such data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, unless we are able to demonstrate, on balance, legitimate grounds for continuing to process personal data which override your rights or which are for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
A right for you not to be subject to a decision based solely on an automated process, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
A right to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data (for example, to provide you with marketing information about our services or products).
11. UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
If you believe your details are incorrect you can amend your details by contacting us at the address provided below.
This policy was last reviewed and updated: May 2018
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to us in this way in the first instance.
Please remember to include your name, address and postcode along with any correspondence reference you may have
If you have any concerns regarding our processing of your personal data, or are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office. Their address is:
- First Contact Team
Information Commissioner's Office