VCATS Test Application Engineer
VCATS Test Application Engineer
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions | United Kingdom | Stockport | Reference Code: TAES18
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Bosch Automotive Aftermarket is responsible for the worldwide aftermarket business as well as customer business/services. In more than 140 countries we offer spare parts, technical information and training as well as diagnostic hardware, software and services, all used in the analysis, upkeep and repair of vehicles. We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join our vehicle test and configuration (VCATS) product area.
This role focuses upon the project management of Vehicle Configuration and Test System (VCATS) projects in relation to two of our key customers on a global basis. This project encompasses the following elements: Enterprise solutions, Vehicle test and configuration, Interfaces with plant systems, Hardware and software, and Custom engineering solutions with services and support.
Success Stories don’t just happen. They are made.
Your contribution to something big
- Authoring End of Line Tests and Sequences executed at the End of Line System of the Car Manufacturer.
- Prepare design specification documentation for automotive test and configuration strategies.
- Implement required test strategies (Depending on the work needed, working weekends may be required).
- Support integration validation and systems assurance functions.
- Test/Validate and Deploy of End of Line Diagnostic Equipment within the Car Manufacturer Sites.
- Prepare and participate in plant launches of test systems.
- Liaise with customer in requirement definition and problem resolutions.
- Provide periodic assistance to new project work definition phases.
- Assist in system integration and validation activities.
- Plan sub sections of a project, reporting status to project manager.
- Creation of validation and acceptance test plans/documents.
- Creation of customer ‘user’ documentation.
- Support day to day customer-facing activities, dealing directly with customer.
- Working onsite resolving issues on any aspect of a project with minimal or no assistance from other resources will be required in emergency situations.
- Ensure all work is performed to Quality Standards.
- Flexibility to travel is essential - Working on Car Manufacturer sites (UK and international)
What distinguishes you?
- Service minded, positive, independent engineer who likes to travel up to 50% of his/her time to customer plant locations usually for short periods of 1 to 4 weeks.
- Degree qualifies in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience
- Both a good Team Player as having the ability to be a self-starter for problem solving.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate to different levels and groups within a manufacturing plant (maintenance, engineering, production, quality – engineers and team leaders).
- Experienced in Automotive Test Techniques.
- Understanding of vehicle diagnostic communications, terminology and SAE standards (e.g. analyse CAN traces).
- Understanding of vehicle sub-systems (including electrical design).
- Must have a high degree of customer focus, urgency and thoroughness when dealing with raised issues and concerns.
- Knowledge of vehicle manufacturing processes and testing techniques (Sub Assembly, Rolling Road etc.).
- SQL Server/Databases Knowledge – Not essential but a bonus if worked with SQL Server previously.
- Competent in MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows (XP, Win 7).
Your future job location offers you
Flexible worktime options, benefits and services, childcare offers, medical services, employee discounts, various sports and health opportunities, on-site parking, catering facilities, access to local public transport, room for creativity, urban infrastructures, rural surroundings
Make it happen
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number: TAES18