SVC System Engineer
Reference Code: SVCSE
SVC System Engineer
Robert Bosch Ltd. | Based at Jaguar Land Rover - Gaydon | Reference Code: SVCSE
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
CC/EJL-PUK2 are based within the Automotive Original Equipment division of Bosch and are responsible for Advanced Driver Assistance (ADAS) and Highly Automated Driving (HAD) co-located at JLR’s technical centre in Gaydon. There is a vacancy for an SVC (Stereo Video Camera) system engineer based in the UK.
Success Stories don’t just happen. They are made.
Your contribution to something big
- Be the first point of technical contact for the SVC project
- Manage the handling of requirements of the customer locally in concert with the requirements team in Germany/Hungary.
- Support the customer in system integration / Packaging and clarification of specifications.
- Understand and clarify the System and Functional requirements with the OEM and communicate them to the Bosch feature owners.
- Support the Bosch SVC resident engineers at the customer.
- Be first point of contact for problem resolution at the customer site.
- Support Definition of E/E Architecture together with OEM to meet the SVC requirements.
- Collect data from development vehicles, feedback system behaviours and work to provide solutions.
- Participate in Engineering sign off activities of SVC features/functions according to agreed KPI’s.
- Handling of first level of escalation on defects and provide solutions.
- Participate in Grade reviews at the OEM.
- Attend application meetings at the customer, taking a leading role in influencing the customer.
- Discussion on new functions and product overview with the OEM
- Partnering with OEM to define product/ Function roadmaps
- Support of EOL topics for the OEM
- Support technical coordination with different development locations
- Participate in Monthly reviews on project status with stake holders
- Support vehicle testing and validation topics at the OEM.
- Support and participate as required in the acquisition of new business.
- Maintain communication in a global project with numerous sites at customer and Bosch.
- Where required, give assistance to other Engineers working in the department.
What distinguishes you
- Educated with an Electrical Engineering degree or Mechatronics degree.
- 5+ years of experience in Driver Assistance systems
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in embedded SW systems.
- Experience with vehicle and system architectures. (CAN, Flex-ray, Ethernet)
- Previous experience with Ultrasonics and Video systems including their integration. Familiar with DA application software and required tools.
- Experience of diagnostics and error management
- Valid, full drivers licence therefore able to travel to customer sites.
- Able to travel internationally
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work in a diverse team.
- Must be flexible and willing to travel.
- Knowledge of German language desirable.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure at the customer’s site.
Make it happen
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.