Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions | United Kingdom | Stockport | Reference Code: SSE18
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions is responsible for the products and services Bosch deliver to the automotive industry. In more than 140 countries, we offer spare parts, technical information and training, as well as diagnostic hardware and software and services for analysis, upkeep and repair of vehicles.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing high quality software for our GRADE-X Mobile cloud-based diagnostic solutions.
Success Stories don’t just happen. They are made.
Your contribution to something big
- Provide a level of leadership in the design and development of software components
- Able to produce high quality software with minimum oversight
- Able to contribute to and take responsibility for software architectural decisions
- Work together with fellow Scrum team members and the Product Owner to refine and split user stories
- Design and develop software features based on tasks defined together with fellow Scrum team members
- Investigate and correct software defects
- Define and implement automated software tests against task and user story acceptance criteria
- Peer review code developed by other team members
- Provide mentoring to junior team members
- Proactively contribute to development process improvement activities through sprint retrospectives etc.
- Demonstrate completed software in internal and occasionally in customer Sprint Reviews
- Actively learn new tools and technologies as required for the project
What distringuishes you?
- Three or more years’ experience of developing production software
- Java EE technologies, in particular RESTful Web Services
- Unit test development
- Awareness of security requirements and software design implications for web-based applications
- Demonstrable software design skills
- Dedication to high quality, on time delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certified ScrumMaster
- AngularJS or similar Single Page Application framework
- Awareness of Java database technologies
- Agile development as part of a Scrum team
- Configuration management
- Source code control (e.g. GIT)
- Code quality assurance approaches (peer code review, static analysis)
- Jira for managing development and correcting defects
- Automated end-to-end test development (e.g. Robot, Selenium)
- Automated testing of web applications
- Cloud deployment of web-based applications
- Automated build systems e.g. Jenkins
- It would be an advantage to be fluent in a Second Language (French, Japanese, or German)
The successful candidate may be required to travel in the UK and internationally, for both customer meetings and technical meetings with Bosch colleagues.
Your future job location offer you
Flexible worktime options, benefits and services, childcare offers, medical services, employee discounts, various sports and health opportunities, on-site parking, catering facilities, access to local public transport, room for creativity, urban infrastructures, rural surroundings
Make it happen
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com quoting reference number: SSE18