sia Abrafoam Ltd | Alfreton
sia Abrasives Ltd (part of the Bosch Power Tools/Accessories Division) is an innovative manufacturer of non woven and foam abrasive products as well as a distributer in the UK of coated abrasives. The site in Alfreton, Derbyshire, have a wealth of experience in the manufacture and development of abrasive products, ideally complementing sia Abrasives’ systems solutions.
Success Stories don’t just happen. They are made.
Your contribution to something big
Reporting to the Head of QMM (Quality), supporting the manufacturing operations and the QMM-UK team by performing Quality planning, CI and Quality development activities develop and introduce a Business Communication Concept as follows:
Requirements of the role:
- Assists QMM - UK in planning and implementing Quality functions and routines within the production environment.
- Performs capability studies and creates improvement plans
- Assists in problem solving within the manufacturing areas (Point CIP support and moderation)
- Manages Customer complaints process including analysis and reporting
- Creates and maintains control plans
- Actively takes part in the TTM process
- Involvement in FMEA development
- Creates test plans related to TTM activities
- Provides training in Quality tools as required
- Performs Process audits
- Support manufacturing in identifying process and control improvement opportunities
- Operates to defined time frames and schedules as required.
- Investigate and follow supplier issues within manufacturing
- Any other activity defined by QMM - UK
- Deputize for plant QMM’s in their absence
- Liaises with Suppliers and internal departments
- Presents a Quality conscious image at all times
What distinguishes you
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Gained a HNC in mechanical/chemical engineering, or equivalent. Ideally, a time served technical apprentice.
- Have relevant experience as a Quality Engineer, ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in APQP / Quality planning activities
- Ability to apply core Quality tools as; FMEA, Control plan creation, Problem solving using 8D, 5 why, Fishbone diagrams, Capability studies SPC, etc
- Have strong conceptual and analytical skills, with the ability to report effectively.
- Be a communicator: have a relatively outgoing personality, with a moral compass.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- IT literate.
- Willingness to accept change.
- Proactive and positive approach to tasks.
- Proactive self-starter able to work under own direction, a “starter-completer”, providing ongoing updates and follow project to completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills (cooperation across hierarchies and international boundaries).
- Demonstrates attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Flexible, with the ability to support and positively influence across various departments and levels of management.
- Some foreign travel may be required.
Make it happen
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to: Antonia.Dorsey@sia-abrasives.com quoting the reference code.