Lead Software Engineer
Reference Code: ETASLEAD
Lead Software Engineer
ETAS | York | ETASLEAD
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
ETAS is established in the automotive market as a high-competence, high-quality and effective organisation. We support our customers across a variety of topics with a major focus on advanced embedded systems.
Technically we are looking for someone with proven ability; a software engineer with significant experience and extensive knowledge in at least one technical field. As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, you, as the Lead Software Engineer will be expected to learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our systems. This role provides an opportunity for autonomous working as well as providing mentoring to less experienced colleagues..
Success Stories don’t just happen. They are made.
Your contribution to something big
- Good degree (or PhD - desirable) in an engineering discipline e.g. computer science, control engineering/theory, electronics
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
- Must have strong presentation and communication skills
- 5 years+ experience as a Software developer
- Strong analytical skills
- Good knowledge of at least one relevant programming language
- Good understanding of SW life cycle (waterfall, Agile)
- Possess a positive attitude
- Ability to "think outside the box”
- Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers; providing advice, training and technical support for various projects
- Expert knowledge of computer languages.
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
- Performs work of high difficulty in designing, writing, editing, modifying, and debugging computer programs
What distinguishes you
- Write and test software to meet defined specifications
- Should be a capable communicator
- Design, write and test software from imprecise specifications
- Take responsibility for the delivery of components of software within the team
- Participate in and lead code reviews
- Write detailed technical specifications for software components, based on domain knowledge and best practice
- Contribute to user documentation for software products
- Supervise other people's work and input into project planning meetings
- Create, deliver and work to a defined project plans
- Analyse complex or imprecisely-specified requirements from customers
- Create detailed / complex specifications for entire software products
- Supervise the team as a whole, as well as individuals Responsible for the delivery of the team technically
- Conduct new technology research, concept specification and design of individual software components, deliver product prototypes
- Write proposals or papers for publication
- Make (technical) presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers
- Maintain positive client interactions
- Review, to the extent possible, changes in code and the environment that will affect system performance
Your future job location offers you
Flexible worktime options, benefits and services, childcare offers, medical services, employee discounts, various sports and health opportunities, on-site parking, catering facilities, access to local public transport, room for creativity, urban infrastructures, rural surroundings
Make it happen
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to opportunities.denham@uk.Bosch.com quoting Reference Number: ETASLEAD.