Field Service Engineer
Reference Code: FSE18
Field Service Engineer
Bosch Packaging Ltd. | Field Based | 06th November 2018 | Reference Code: FSE18
The division Packaging Technology is one of the leading suppliers in the field of process and packaging technology. We develop and produce holistic systems for the pharmaceutical, food and confectionery industries in over 15 countries. Are you ready to shape the current changes with us? Do you want to contribute to people’s nutrition and health, and thereby enhancing the quality of life?
Welcome to Packaging Technology. We are looking forward to your application!
Field Service Engineer (Electrical Software) for the Food Packaging Division covering primarily Europe and extending to global travel, specializing in secondary packaging technology.
Success Stories don’t just happen. They are made.
Your contribution to something big
- Install and build new lines
- Commission new lines or new control systems on older machines.
- Make ongoing changes and improvements to new lines until they are ready to successfully pass customer’s acceptance tests.
- Recognize problems and their root causes across the entire range of machines.
- Develop fixes for these problems, Fixes include:
- Implement software changes
- Install electrical modifications
- Train customer’s operators and engineers to various levels from basic to in depth
- Resolve electrical faults on machines
- Resolve Software Faults on machines
- Compile full reports
- Setup new products on already commissioned systems, including making all necessary changes to Mechanical Parts, Electrical System and Software Changes. Often Modify CoC designed parts to get machines functioning as good as possible.
What distinguishes you
- Packaging engineering knowledge and technical skills is essential
- Food Packaging industry knowledge is essential (ideally of secondary packaging technology)
- Electrical engineering – full understanding of both modern and old control systems across wide range of different platforms
- Mechanical engineering – understanding of mechanical engineering including:
- Understanding correct methods of mechanical engineering, from changing bearings to setting up things such as crimp pressures and mesh
- Using machine tools to modify machine parts
- Adjusting high speed packaging machines to achieve optimum efficiency and high quality packages
- Ability to correctly identify worn and damaged parts and find the numbers from assembly drawings
- Software/ Controls engineering – In depth knowledge of PLC theory and implementation. Ability to fault find complex software such as “State Machine” and other models
- Commercial awareness, being able to spot opportunities such as an optional upgrade to a machine, then talk to the customer about it, before finally handing it over to the correct sales person and helping them to finalize the sale
- A good understanding of Customer Service Excellence
- Ability to prioritize and work to challenging deadlines
- IT conversant (Microsoft Office minimum)
- Knowledge of German language (beneficial)
- Experience of OEE (beneficial)
- Strong communication skills
- Team player mentality
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work remotely, including regular overseas assignments
- Full Driving License
Your future job location offers you
Flexible worktime options, benefits and services, childcare offers, medical services, employee discounts, on-site parking
Make it happen
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number: FSE18