Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions | United Kingdom | Stockport | Reference Code: ESE18
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions is responsible for the products and services Bosch deliver to the automotive industry. In more than 140 countries, we offer spare parts, technical information and training, as well as diagnostic hardware and software and services for analysis, upkeep and repair of vehicles.
We are currently looking for experienced software engineers to join our Telediagnosis team in Stockport. Successful candidates will be focused on the adaption of our embedded Telediagnosis platform to deliver Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) solutions for our customers.
Your contribution to something big
- Working as part of a small team, you will be involved in the design and definition of complex software solutions deployed on vehicles
- Collaborating with engineering teams across various Bosch divisions, you will construct dependable solutions that seamlessly integrate functionality from disparate software systems
- Your focus will be the enhancement of our Telediagnosis platform, helping define and develop the next generation such that it continues to satisfy the requirements of existing customers while being flexible and extensible enough to meet the needs of future customers
- Embedded software components developed by you will be widely ported to many embedded hardware devices and architectures, such as Bosch’s own Car Communication Unit (CCU) or Central Gateway (CGW), or to alternative non-Bosch devices as directed by our customer
- When required you will help our customers understand the possibilities of what can be achieved through introduction of the Telediagnosis platform to their vehicles, working with them to develop and document their use cases
What distringuishes you?
- You are a professional software engineer and have at least 5 years’ experience of working in a commercial software development environment, predominantly gained while using C and C++ to develop software for embedded Linux operating systems
- You are a self-motivated, forward looking team player who can prioritise and organise effectively
- You are familiar with modern embedded software methods and principles and are happy to work in an agile way to deliver high quality code and corresponding unit tests
- You have a proven ability to enhance and debug legacy code and a willingness to take ownership of complex software systems
- You have proven experience in translating requirements into appropriate system and sub-system designs at the component level, applying design patterns and object oriented principles as necessary, capturing designs in UML models and detailed specification documents
- You have strong technical and analytical skills and are comfortable working with internal and customer teams to elicit and capture requirements
Travel is infrequent, but when necessary will include travel to international destinations.
Your future job location offer you
Flexible worktime options, benefits and services, childcare offers, medical services, employee discounts, various sports and health opportunities, on-site parking, catering facilities, access to local public transport, room for creativity, urban infrastructures, rural surroundings
Make it happen
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com quoting reference number: ESE18