C++/C# Automotive Software Engineer
C++/C# Automotive Sofware Engineer
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions | United Kingdom | Stockport | Reference Code: ASE18
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions is responsible for the worldwide aftermarket business as well as OEM business/services. In more than 140 countries we offer spare parts, technical information and training as well as diagnostic hardware, software and services, all used in the analysis, upkeep and repair of vehicles.
Owing to the success of the Bosch Vehicle Configuration and Test (VCATS™) product line, with recent customer wins, and continuing product development, a vacancy has arisen within the development team for a C++ / C# Software Engineer. The primary purpose of this role will be to work alongside existing team members using a range of Microsoft Visual Studio products across various Windows platforms.
Your contribution to something big
- Analysis of customer requirements, to derive technical solutions
- Development of accurate estimates for proposed technical solutions.
- Design and development of system and sub-system components.
- Debug of legacy code, to resolve functional or reliability defects.
- Adherence to Bosch Quality Assurance Processes, including participation in technical reviews.
- Products to be worked on include:
- VCATS™ Server, which includes databases, websites for results / metrics reporting and interfaces to manufacturing plant systems (REST, Web Client, MQ).
- VCATS™ Runtime, which includes a graphical test application and support for vehicle communication (e.g. ISO14229, DoIP).
What distinguishes you
- Degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent industrial experience.
- Proven experience in software development, with experience in all stages of the software development life-cycle (including requirements capture and test).
- Proven ability in software design, including creation of detailed specifications and API documentation.
- Proven ability in developing new functionality from product requirements / design specifications.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively, reporting status on a regular basis to ensure risks / issues are reported promptly and project milestones are met.
- Team orientated, with experience in collaborating with both internal and external customer teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven in depth experience in the following skillsets:
- C++, including COM.
- C#, including WPF.
- Visual Studio (e.g. Versions 6, 2005, 2008, 2010 & 2015).
- Windows Development (e.g. Windows 7 Embedded, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2).
- XML (including XSLIT, DOM, SAX)
- Experience of working with software configuration control systems (e.g. Microsoft SourceSafe, TFS, Git.)
- Experience of writing unit tests and using unit test frameworks (e.g. Visual Studio Unit Test, GoggleTest).
- Experience in build environments (e.g. Jenkins).
- Experience in the following skillsets, considered an advantage:
- ASP.NET MVC
- Encryption & Authentication (e.g. SSL)
- HTML 5
- SQL (e.g. Microsoft SQL 2012, 2014).
Your future job location offers you
Flexible worktime options, benefits and services, childcare offers, medical services, employee discounts, various sports and health opportunities, on-site parking, catering facilities, access to local public transport, room for creativity, urban infrastructures, rural surroundings
Make it happen
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number: ASE18